Monday, April 4, 2016

Daily Life

   My daily life in Ireland is quite different from the daily life back home in the states. For one I do not have to work here in Ireland, which is the probably the biggest change for me. Back home during the school year I work between 27-30 hours a week. So going from that to not working any is a huge relief. Here in Ireland I also have class Monday thru Wednesday from 10-2. Being in class for four hours straight seems really long sometimes especially if I'm not really interested in the topic of the day. Also, not having a car just to drive wherever I want is another big change that I have had to get used to.
Cabin mates 
Shane cooking a lovely meal
Now as far as my daily routine, I get up anywhere from 8:30 to 9:45. (usually closer to the latter) I go to class, then after class a group of us usually runs into to Spiddal to either eat, get groceries, or just to get away from the cabins for a bit. Another option we have is going into Galway, it's further than Spiddal and you have pay for a taxi to get there. But once we get there we have a lot more options for things to do and places to eat, In order to make it economically feasible to go to Galway though you need at least four people otherwise it'll cost each one of us at least 20 euro round trip, but after four people it's around 15 round trip. Once I'm done in Spiddal or Galway I come home and do homework, or just hangout with my cabin mates.

    Then we usually make dinner as cabin if we are all around, otherwise some people run into Spiddal, or every once in awhile I just eat Ramen. (Yes, they do have Ramen here)  As for late night I either watch a movie or Nelix before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment