Sunday, March 27, 2016

Social Life


The wife and I
  Before this trip I was extremely worried about how people would treat Jessica and I. Would they include the married couple or just think we were boring? Would people invite us to go out and do things? I wanted to make some good friends while on this trip and be included. The result was better than I ever imagined and being on this trip I have so many memories that I will cherish forever. Our group is a total of 17 people. You live with these people, go to class with them, drink with them, you literally do everything with these same people. So it would be hard not to grow quite close with them. I mean even going to get a bite to eat includes a half hour walk to Spiddle, so you have some time to really get to know everyone.
 
The group!
Since we are around 30 minutes from town when we do go to town we spend a few hours there. While in town we get to know some of the locals pretty well. One in particular that we have go to know is a guy around our age named Seamus. Seamus is a bartender in Spiddle so he has got to know us from stopping by the restaurant and a few late nights. Spiddle being the small town it is there isn't a ton to do, but we make do with what we can.
    Honestly, this trip is one wouldn't be half as fun without the people I have met along the way. We really have bonded in way that is only possible, because of this. Whether it was being lost in Rome trying to find our hostel, nights of playing cards, or even a surprise 21st birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment