Thursday, February 4, 2016

Beginning of the Adventure.

I left home for Ireland on Saturday January, 30th. It just happened to be my 24th birthday and I spent around nine and half hours on a plane. Now I'm not complaining or anything, because after that plane ride I ended up in IRELAND! I was very excited on the way, but to be completely honest I was also scared on the flight over here. I have traveled to Europe before, but was always staying with friends who knew the area. Here in Spiddal it's up to me and my classmates to figure it out.

When we finally arrived in Shannon, Ireland on Sunday we had to take bus ride about an hour to get to Spiddal which is where I'll be for next three months. The cottages are very nice and have everything that a person would need, but the best part of where we are is the ocean is literally a five minute walk from my front door. Coming from Nebraska it just seems almost unreal to me. We will be attending classes Monday thru Thursday 10-2. So far the classes seem interesting enough, but my favorite will be Irish History. Also, on Monday our class walked into Spiddal (which is about a two mile walk) to do a walking tour of the town. After the tour some of us stopped in a Pub where I had a pint (or four). After being there for awhile we got to know the bartender who told us a lot about Spiddal and taught us some Irish that you won't learn in class. 

On Tuesday we went to the nearest city which is Galway. The city is very old and they have a church that is still in use today that's over 500 years old. We got a medieval tour around the city which was very interesting. After Jessica and I went got some pizza at restaurant and just walked around the city. After just a few days in Ireland I'm loving it. I will update this blog as least once a week, so be sure to check it out! 

5 comments: